Read on ONLY if you want your existing customers to return and buy more from you.
Unfortunately, fabulous products and exceptional services don’t guarantee repeat customers.
Marketing messages and new products bombard us all, so we have to give customers reasons to repurchase. Here’s how.
- Help customers feel confident that they choose wisely, and
- Practice “value enhancement” to ensure customers unlock the full capability of your products and services.
A 2022 Gartner report shows the most successful businesses:
Capitalize on service interactions to make an impact on loyalty through “value enhancement” — not just ensuring that the customer’s issue is resolved, but also that they leave an interaction more confident in their purchase decision and better able to maximize the value of their product or service.
Through their research, Gartner found:
So what steps should you take to drive more “customer confidence” and perceived “value?”
1) In keeping with one of Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, “Begin with the end in mind.” Think about a customer telling a friend about your business and saying, “I feel I made a great choice purchasing from them because they _______.”
2) Focus on behaviors that fill the blank for step one.
3) Identify often-overlooked benefits and attributes of your products and services and subtly highlight them throughout the customer’s sales and service journey.
4) Think of ways customers can get more from their initial investment. For example, show customers how others have safely expanded the way they use your product or offer customers timely care and maintenance tips.
5) Ask customers about the value they derive from their purchase/service journey with you and the degree to which they feel they made a wise choice. Leverage their input for product and process improvements.
To achieve repurchase success, we must design confidence and value enhancement into the customer experience and not leave repeat business to chance.
To learn more about ways to drive team member engagement, please reach out to me at josephmichelli.com/contact.