Last week, I offered ten evidence-based practices for driving employee engagement and retention. Given the current challenges of attracting and retaining employees and the impact of those challenges on customer experience delivery, let’s dive right into ten more scientifically proven ways to increase your organization’s engagement levels.
- Acknowledge and promote leaders who demonstrate the ability to engage employees.
- Ensure leaders are role-modeling self-care.
- Engage regular team member conversations about the importance of taking breaks and maintaining work/life balance.
- Evaluate job functions to increase task variety.
- Continually redesign job roles to foster employee growth and development.
- Invest in training programs and cross-functional projects that encourage team members to master new skills and collaborate effectively.
- Increase purposeful play and celebration in your workplace.
- Enhance formal and informal workplace rewards and recognition.
- Ensure regular two-way communication between team members and leaders.
- Support flexible work options that accommodate the wants and needs of team members.
Since the research is clear and the actions are straightforward, success comes down to execution and commitment!
To learn more about ways to drive team member engagement, please reach out to me at josephmichelli.com/contact.
Joseph A. Michelli, Ph.D. is a professional speaker and chief experience officer at The Michelli Experience. A New York Times #1 bestselling author, Dr. Michelli and his team consult with some of the world’s best customer experience companies.
Follow on Twitter: @josephmichelli
Leave a Comment